March 12-13, 2015
The Carlton Hotel
New York, NY
Larry Weinstein is a featured panelist at ACI’s 4th Advanced Forum on Resolving & Litigation Advertising Disputes. Larry has been invited to moderate a federal judges panel on litigating Lanham Act and consumer class action false advertising cases on day one of the conference. On day two, he will present on advanced techniques for defending against class action litigation. Enter or mention code “PR300” for a $300 discount on registration with ACI. Visit the conference website to learn more.
This forum arms in-house counsel from brand companies with tools to minimize the risk of disputes at the outset, or to maximize success in bringing or defending against challenges to advertising claims. Topics will include:
- Bolstering compliance and substantiation programs to avoid the appearance of deception
- Answering the call of FTC investigators and surviving investigations
- Best practices for bringing challenges via the Lanham Act or before the NAD
- Learning the priorities of state enforcers
- Understanding the science behind advanced consumer surveys
- Utilizing advanced techniques to combat class action lawsuits
March 31-April 1, 2015
Four Seasons Hotel
Now in its 11th year, ANA’s Advertising Law & Public Policy Conference is the industry’s leading conference for those interested in the legal and political environment for advertising and marketing. The conference will address important law and policy issues for advertisers and marketers, with keynote addresses from FTC Commissioner Terrell McSweeney and Mississippi Attorney General & NAAG President Jim Hood. For the full agenda and registration info, please visit the conference website.
Larry Weinstein and Alex Kaplan have been invited to speak on the following topics:
- The Future in Ten Minutes or Less (Larry Weinstein) – 8:30am on Tuesday, March 31
The top lawyers in the business join together for a whirlwind tour of what advertising law will be in ten years. What does the future hold for advertising counsel? Is the commercial dead and content king? Is privacy a myth? Is there anything that isn’t an app? Hear from the seers about the changed world awaiting us all.
- Litigating Damages Claims in Lanham Act False Advertising Cases (Alex Kaplan) – 2:15pm on Wednesday, April 1 (Breakout 4B)
This session will explore the law governing the ability to obtain damages in Lanham Act false advertising cases, including: (a) the various theories under which damages may be sought, (b) how a plaintiff goes about proving damages, (c) how a defendant may defend against damages claims, (d) working with experts to prepare and defend against a damages case, and (e) what a company’s role is in working with outside counsel in proving or disproving a damages case.